Thursday, April 17, 2014

Last Week's Results

                       Last week I gave five possible 2 corner outfielder combinations and asked the simple question “who would you take?” The answers were spread out with all five combinations getting at least two votes. The top vote getter was Matt Holliday and Bryce Harper last I checked, leading with 5 votes of the 16. I thought Puig and Upton were going to win. They seemed to be the most natural pairing. That doesn’t mean the best or that I would prefer them.


                Harper and Holliday would make an interesting 3-4 hitter in many line-ups. It is also a large investment for ether player to bat second. The idea of this being a 3-5 combination is also kind of odd as Holliday is a serviceable 3 hitter in many line-ups but Harper is an odd 5 hitter. I also don’t like Harper batting third in many line-ups. I like both players but pairing them has proved awkward. As many manager know good players aren’t as valuable as good players situated well. I think in a pitching heavy, small ball line-up with Harper as a 3 and Holliday as a 4 is the best possible chance of success. It is important to note that these are the players many people will gun for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment