Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Card of the Week - 4/22/14

This year, I am playing Fantasy Baseball for the first time in several years.  I love baseball, but setting up a lineup every day is more effort than I want to put in.  So when the opportunity to join a league where the lineups were set weekly, I jumped at the chance.

So I did my due diligence prepping for the draft, but when the time came to make a pick and I was torn between two players, I went an odd route.  Having finished a set of 600 player cards based on the previous year's stats, I (probably more often than I should have) based my decision on the 2013 set of cards.  One such player I drafted is having a pretty good season this year, hopefully improving upon his 2013 card.




The 2013 Emilio Bonifacio offers options for your team.  From the original WOTC sets, there will be obvious comparisons to the '01 Delino DeShields, but with Bonifacio, you have the added option of CF.  For 240 pts, you get an OB 8, Speed A (22), Switch hitter.  His no-homer chart will scare some people off, but a single on a 6 and only two outs appeals to me.

I want to look at how his 2013 stats compare to his current 2014 stats.
2013: (BA/OBP/SLG/OPS)
.243.295.331.625
2014: (BA/OBP/SLG/OPS)
.351.407.405.813
Granted, it will be tough for him to keep up this pace for the rest of the season, but for a guy who has started 9 games and 8 games so far at CF and 2B (respectively), he is in line for a pretty sweet card for 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment