Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Card of the Week - 4/9/14

There are times in Showdown where the player you want doesn't have a card you want.  One example of that is the 2000 Frank Thomas.  I am a lifelong 'Big Hurt' fan, but was disappointed by his first showdown card and the lack of power it showed.

The opposite is also common: a player that you don't like has a card that you like.  I don't like Barry Bonds, but both his 2000 and 2001 cards are awesome cards.  The speed and power combination that you get with the 2000 card is awesome, and the overall majesty of his 2001 card makes it stand on it's own.

In this year's set, I find myself in the second situation.  There is a card that I like, but it is of a player I can't stand.  It may be a little overpriced for a lot of people, but it has what I look for in a leadoff hitter: high OB, reaches base really early, has good speed, and gets extra bases reasonably early.  That player is the 2013 Bryce Harper.

Do you have card for a player that you despise, but love the card?  Or a player that you love, who has a card that you hate?  Let us know.

2 comments:

  1. Jose Canseco 2000. I find the man to be a joke, but the card has always done well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank only played 135 games an hit 15 bombs in 1999 so that could be part of it. I still agree he should of had better then a 20 homer lol

    ReplyDelete