Thursday, June 5, 2014

Card of the Week - 6/4/14

There are several exciting plays in baseball that are even more exciting due to their rarity; the inside-the-park home-run and the triple play are two examples.  This past week, one player accomplished the same rare feat twice in the same series.  And because of that, he earns this week's Card of the Week honors.  And that honor goes to...

...the 2013 Jose Bautista.  This was one of my favorite player images that I found and used in the 2013 set, and the plays below show why he is deserving of his LF/RF +2 rating:

Bautista's Defense on Display

This card isn't quite as good as the 2001 Shawn Green, but I find myself comparing the two due to both being Blue Jays cards.  I like the ability to help out on defense and possibly prevent some runners from advancing that I get with Bautista.  It is tough to go wrong with a Control 9, 17+ Homer card.

No comments:

Post a Comment