Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Card of the Week: 3/12/14

When doing a draft, you may find that you have over-spent on a player or two and need to find ways to save points.  In this draft, you may find that you nabbed Mike Trout early, then a couple of top-tier starters, and later in the draft, you are still without a second baseman.  I think that we have a great option here on the cheap.  With this guy, you get fielding and speed without breaking the bank.

The 2013 Chris Getz card is only 20 points, but you get good value at the position.  Granted, he is only an On-Base 5.  However, there are positives here.  Personally, I look for a little bit of classic middle infield stereotypes when filling my SS and 2B positions.  They don't need to hit very well, but they need to be fast and field well.  His chart isn't all that bad when he gets the advantage.  I like that he gets on on a 4 and singles on a 9.  If you play with strategy cards, the Singles Hitter card would be a pretty good option (changes singles, doubles, and triples to single +).

He fits the top two criteria for me for those middle infield positions for me.  With his Speed A (19), you have good stolen base and extra base opportunities.  The fielding is also above average and where I like to see it.  So overall, I think that this card has great value for the price, especially when looking for a great cost-effective option.

(And unintentionally, I picked a Kansas City player for the second week in a row...)

No comments:

Post a Comment