Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Card of the Week - 4/29/15

So far this season, I have gone with cards from the 2014 set for Card of the Week.  This week, I want to mix it up and go old school.  This week's card of the week has always been a mystery to me.  He played for 9 teams in 9 years.  He never played more than 94 games in a single season.  He had a career OBP of .333.  Yet in 2001, he had this gem of a card:


In 2000, Trenidad (Trent) Hubbard had these stats: .185 Avg, .267 OBP, .269 SLG, 1 HR, 2 2B, 2 3B, 20 H in 108 AB.  So how in the world did WotC get things so wrong with this card?  We may never know, but it does make for an interesting card and an interesting mystery.

1 comment:

  1. I always loved how this card had no position whatsover too, just the hyphen. I had no idea his stats were that either. The Guru would never allow this in our current sets. I think Wyliehart and crew were having too much fun the night they made Hubbard's card.

    ReplyDelete