Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Card of the Week - 8/6/14

Going into the week, I have ideas for what I am going to do with the card of the week, but I never decide until I actually sit down and start typing something out.  It all depends upon what has happened in the past week and what I feel would make for a good card to highlight.  I had initially planned on talking about some of the players who were traded at last week's non-waiver deadline, but instead I wanted to highlight a card that highlights this players strengths and weaknesses more than any other card from the 2013 set.  And that card is...
...the 2013 Adam Dunn.  What is Adam Dunn known for?  Striking out (1-6!), not getting on base a lot (OB 7), when he does get on base it is by walking (7-12) or hitting a homer (15-20).  He is definitely a high-risk, high-reward play, perfect for Power Players.  If I were a GM of a Major League team, I don't think that I personally would pay him the $15,000,000 he is currently making.  But as a showdown card, the 300 points is enticing.  I would consider my play style to be that of a Pinger, but even I find myself intrigued by this card.

And if you don't know the other reason for selecting Adam Dunn today, check THIS out.

1 comment:

  1. Adam used to get high on-base percentages, but his decline has been noticeable with the power and walks going down.

    ReplyDelete