Friday, January 2, 2015

Hall of Fame: Class of 2015

I have been reading a lot about the Baseball Hall of Fame and its upcoming Class of 2015.  Last year, I was ecstatic when my favorite baseball player of all time (which is surprising as a Twins fan) Frank Thomas was elected.  This year, as I looked at the list of candidates, I thought I was looking at a list of the greatest MLB Showdown players from 2000-2001 sets.  I thought I would take a closer look at some of the players.  (Also, feel free to voice your input in the comments or by voting in the poll to the right).
First Base:
At first base, we have three of the four players with the greatest/most coveted 1B cards in the first two sets.  I love all of these cards...
  

2nd Base:
Arguably the greatest 2nd base card of the two years (for a guy who actually deserved it,..), and another decent card that may have found his way onto a lineup or two:

Third Base:
It is sad that Aaron Boone is your best choice here...

Shortstop:
Not HOF worthy IMO, but the best Showdown shortstop on the ballot.

Outfield:
The outfield is chock-full of great cards (and steroids), but will any of them make the Hall?
 

Designated Hitter:
Some argue he deserved it over The Big Hurt.  Which is ludicrous ;-)

Pitchers:
All players elected to the HOF in 2015 will likely come from this list.
 
 

Obligatory former Twins player:
No chance, but 'Eddie!  Eddie!  Eddie!'

Let us know for whom you would vote!  Vote in our poll and/or comment below.


3 comments:

  1. Edgar Martinez absolutely should be in. Randy Johnson 100% of the ballots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted for Edgar but the poll did not count it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool to see our local Stockton, CA guy Everyday Eddie on the list. Reminds me of the stories my dad would tell about facing him when they were younger. What's up with that 2001 McGwire though? He dwarfs the 2000 version value wise when you consider how much earlier you get on for just a few extra points...

    ReplyDelete