Thursday, May 8, 2014

Card of the Week - 5/7/14

Sometimes my real job gets in the way of my pretend job.  A couple of very busy days and it is suddenly 12:30 on Thursday morning.  Oh well...

Like many of you out there, I am looking forward to seeing what the 2014 Jose Abreu card is going to look like.  Congrats to him for Player of the Month and Rookie of the Month awards for April.  This week's Card of the Week is another player who was honored this month...



...the 2013 Troy Tulowitzki.  (I thought about highlighting Jose Fernandez, but didn't want to play spoiler for the pitcher charts coming up...)

This Tulowitzki isn't the best that he has to offer.  In fact, I am looking forward to seeing him improve upon this card in 2014, and he is already of to a great start, winning NL Player of the Month honors.  But this is still one of the top shortstop cards in the 2013 class.  He is the only OB 10 SS, and the +4 fielding is well above average (for the SS only cards in the 2013 set, the avg fielding is +2.833).  His chart is a fairly average chart for an OB 10, but it comes at a position that isn't strong, with only four cards over the 300 pt mark.

Plus, I like this card because Tulo just looks like he is having fun out there.  I think if you draft him, you will have fun as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment