Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Card of the Week - 5/28/14

When I first pulled a Curt Schilling card out of a 2000 MLB Showdown pack, I was like 'Whoa...wha....huh?!?'  I could't believe that they actually made a pitcher with 8 innings pitched (I obviously got Schilling before Randy Johnson).  I fell in love with the Schilling card and tried to use it whenever I could.  In the 2013 set, we have a card very similar to that 2000 Curt Schilling.  This player was co-player of the week this past week, making this week's Card of the Week....


...the 2013 Adam Wainwright.  With the same number of strikeouts and popups, Wainwright's chart includes an additional groundball instead of a flyball, but has the downside of an extra single instead of a walk.  So if you are a fan of the 2000 Curt Schilling, you should be a fan of the 2013 Adam Wainwright.

No comments:

Post a Comment