Saturday, February 1, 2014

New Year, New Features

It is a month late, but welcome to 2014 everyone!  I am very excited for the upcoming season, and it is coming quick as the first pitchers and catchers report in 5 days...

As those of you who are regular visitors to this blog know, we have a new card design coming out with our new set of cards.  Well, the design isn't new, as the cards look similar to the 2000 set, but it is new to us.  We are already looking at design updates for the 2014 set as well, but we'll wait on that .  But we have several other new features for the blog this year that we are excited about.




New Blog Contributor
My favorite new feature is that I am now a contributor to the blog.  My name is Matthew, and I go by the Twitter handle @RokTikiTiki.  I am the lead card designer on the team, so I am especially excited to see how the new card design works for people.  I have the goal of winning #ShotsFriday this year after my third place finish last season.

I am from and still live in Minnesota (yeah, its cold right now), so I am a big Twins fan.  Ironically, however, my favorite player of all-time is Twins-killer and recently elected Hall of Famer Frank Thomas.


New Blog Design
Along with designing the 2013 set, I also worked on a re-design of the blog.  Layout is basically the same, but I added a little old school Showdown to the mix.  Comment below or tweet me to let me know what you think.

New Blog Features
Beginning on Wednesday, February 5th (the day before Diamondbacks pitchers and catchers report), we will have a new weekly blog post featuring a 'Card of the Week'.  This will be my baby, and I could feature any of the cards from the 2000-2001 or 2009-2013 sets.  The card could be based on current MLB news about a player, feedback on how a certain player has been playing in someone's personal Showdown league/tournament, or just because I like the card.  Really, it will be pretty arbitrary.  If you have any suggestions throughout the year, tweet them to me and I may take requests.

Also, if you notice along the right side of the blog, you can follow @MLBShowdownGuru on Twitter.  As lead contributor and 'CEO' (sound good, Colby?) of our operation here, he is great to follow for updates to the blog, news about our sets, or general baseball discussion.  In fact, if you want a sneak peak at some of our 2013 cards, swing on over to his Twitter page and check out some of the photos he has shared.  We will be revealing and talking about all of the cards throughout the year on the blog (beginning in March), but a few cards have been revealed already.

Overall, the excitement is very high around here and we are excited to start shipping out some sets.  If you are interested in a set, email redsoxman2011@gmail.com for more details.  If you want a jump on the upcoming season, order your set today!

Final thought: I know this is baseball blog, but being that the Super Bowl is tomorrow, I have to throw out my prediction.
Final Score - Seahawks 30, Denver 28.

1 comment:

  1. Pennertz, I'm glad you are in the mix as a contributor to the blog this year. Let me know if you guys want me to ever do a guest feature!

    ReplyDelete