Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Card of the Week - 2/19/14

After getting my 2013 MLB Showdown cards in the mail last week, I have been having fun going through them.  Yeah, I made all of the cards, but it was just a process of plugging numbers in and I couldn't truly enjoy the cards until I was holding them for myself.  And it has been a fun week.  I have laughed about how awful the Cubs and Astros were, and marveled at how many great the Red Sox (my least favorite team in the majors, btw) were.  So with so many great and interesting cards I saw, going through and picking out a card of the week was a challenge.  But I think I found the guy.

When I saw this card this week, I actually went back and double checked the stats that @MLBShowdownGuru compiled to make sure I didn't make an error.  There is a lot to like about this card.  At Speed A (23), he ties Elvis Andrus and Jacoby Ellsbury as the fastest players in this year's set.

Nobody likes to get the advantage as a hitter and promptly end the at-bat with an out.  Not a good chance of that here.  Getting on-base on a 3 is great for any card, and turning around and singling on a 4 is fantastic!  Throw in three Single + and three triples, we can see why his speed is so high.

The On-Base of 7 will deter some from choosing this card, but I think for the price, you get good value with this week's Card of the Week, 2013 Jean Segura.

Agree?  Disagree?  Leave a comment below or tweet me @RokTikiTiki

1 comment:

  1. Very under the radar card. Some people will look at the 7 and look away. Everything you point out though puts this guy high on my draft board of shortstops.

    ReplyDelete