Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Spring Training Update

Good (very early) morning everyone!  I know it has been a long time since you have heard from us.  Both @mlbshowdownguru and I have been living life and enjoying new stages in life.  My wife and I welcomed our fourth child in October, and the Guru has been adjusting to life after college.  So what does that all mean for MLB Showdown?  Well, the set wasn't done by the first of the year.  But we will have the set done and ready to take orders by Opening Day!  To tide you over until then, I figured I would give you a sneak peak at the upcoming set!
This card is one of my favorites (and I am biased as a Twins fan, I know...).  I love seeing all of those triples on a chart.  But I am also excited about the 2001 style that we have gone with this year.  I have printed out the entire AL set for myself so far, and the colors just pop!  Also, it is nice to step away from the same style year after year.  Who knows, maybe one of these years we will come up with our own style (though not very likely...I'm not that creative).

Our hope is to bring you more consistent posts on this blog, but keep in mind we do this as a hobby and because we love Showdown.  We do have lives outside of this.  But the baseball season is fast approaching, and we are as excited as all of you to see what the 2016 season brings!

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful card. Cant wait for the new set to be released! Nice to see a blog post. We appreciate the hard work, summer is almost here and that's when my league tends to get more showdown games in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The closer you stick to the 2000/2001 designs, the more popular the cards will be, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Feel free to email redsoxman2011@gmail.com anytime. We will get the orders out as soon as possible.

      Delete
  4. I emailed him but i haven't gotten a response. My league is ready to order the new set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can i order these????? Who can I email??

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can i order these????? Who can I email??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work on these new showdown cards is incredible. I loved the original '00-'01 gameplay. If you are going to sell these new sets, count me in. My brothers and I would wear them out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. been abou t two weeks since I sent my email, still haven't gotten a response

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also haven't received any response and am willing to spend big on these.

    ReplyDelete